Monday 23 June 2014

Collab Project

My collaborative project is now finished. I enjoyed this project as I got to animate things I otherwise wouldn't have chose to do.
First, here is the 'Mimed Acting' part of my collab project:






I enjoyed animating this section of my collab project. A lot of the shots were very close up so I had a chance to really work on my facial animation. Because there was so dialogue, I was challenged to communicate the characters emotions purely through their faces which I really enjoyed. Over all, I am happy with how my character work turned out for this project. Animating many short shots is not what I have done in the past, so it was interesting to get used to working on a lot of short shots at once.

The second part of my Collaborative Project was the creature animation. For this I produced a Trot Cycle and a Run Cycle:



Unfortunately I had a lot of problems with this rig when it came to rendering. In the end I had to just have playblasts. With regards to animating it, it was the first time I had used a rig built specifically for a project. It took a while for me to get used to the controls. It was also the first time animating a quadruped trot and run. Im glad I got the chance to practice what I think is a good skill to have. It has made me want to work more with creatures as well as human characters.

Working on a collaborative was a very different experience to working on my own projects. I liked that I had someone who could help direct me and give suggestions with my work to make it the best it could be. I am happy I have had experience working in a team for a bigger project as I have a better idea of what to expect in industry. I look forward to working on more group projects in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment