Tuesday 3 December 2013

Year 1 In a Nutshell.

So I have already completed one year as a Computer Animation student and I am currently part way through the second year. I must say, its tough, but I enjoy it so much!
At our university, at the end of the year, we have an awards show called the Glammies. ( its a play on the Grammys, do you see what they did there) The nominated work is presented in our local Cineworld in front of all three years of animation and game art students, also people from industry. Any way, I was lucky enough to be nominated for 'Most Promising First Year' which was a massive surprise. I was asked to create a show reel with my best work from the year. I would then be send to people in industry to be judged. So here is, what I guess is my first show reel as an animation student.





Looking back at it now, its quite cringe worthy, even though not much time has passed since I was working on this. Its amazing how fast you progress in this course and the whole industry in general. I guess I am still a little proud of this as in the end, I won the award. I was so super surprised, and even though we were all asked to prepare a few words, i didn't. I went up on stage, managed to say "thank you" roughly 500 times and sit back down. It was a nice confidence boost which I think I needed. It also made all the work pay off and it spurred me on to work even harder and better for next year.
I guess we will see if I keep to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment